Monday 8 April 2013

check mate

i see you
not in flesh
but in my dreams
and wake up gasping for breath

it's intense
it always was
and now i have to clutch
to a broken dream

the image goes hazy
i think am dizzy
or am dazed
eyes glazed

i blink again
the lights are on
am staring at the fan
it was a dream

i look at my watch
it's quarter past noon
i saw the moon
in my gloom

i sit up slow
pick the notebook
see the entry
it's April 1st
my first entry

i turn it over
look at it closer
as if expecting it to speak
and give me closure

i clutch it to my heart
close my eyes in despair
look at the only poem in there
untitled

i go over it again
the events
some pieces are missing
i can't  solve the puzzle


maybe i don't grasp
the rules of the game
or am too daft
to know i lost


No comments:

Post a Comment